10.17.2012

A Drawing A Day - Day 16 + 17

So far, so good.

I am getting the hang of this drawing project, and enjoying the process of deciding the subject of the day and studying it.

We have a "zen" corner of our livingroom.  It consists of a makeshift altar with a beautiful gourd vessel that has twigs coming out from its opening.  This gourd was a gift from our dear friend Kylie when she came to visit us couple of weeks ago from Chicago-land.  It has the most beautifully smooth contours and spots reminiscent of a mixture between Chinese brush painting and a Jackson Pollock painting, if you know what I mean.

And the twigs!  These twigs were foraged when we visited our friend Vicki on Anderson Island, WA,  and they are just a reminder of the great hikes and lickens and uznias that are abundant there in the great Northwest.  Oh, how I love them.

The gourd and the twigs create the "zen" space, and I would say it's the most peaceful space in our house.

My favorite drawing so far!


Today's subject was somewhat not as zen.... it's my left hand.  It is a very good friend of mine, it is usually not as recognized as my other, but when it comes to playing the cello, i cannot live without.  


No comments:

Post a Comment